Blog Archive

20 March 2018

Sometimes you just have to say good-bye


26 of 7,592

Sometimes you just have to say good-bye | Symptoms of hypothyroidism



Dr. Ben Kim's Newsletter info@drbenkim.com via aweber.com 

Mar 19 (1 day ago)


Dr. Ben Kim's Natural Health Newsletter
March 19, 2018

Dear Reader,

Over the weekend, I came across a passage in Ray Dalio's book
on life principles that prompted reflection on the determinants
of a special friendship.  One of Ray's thoughts is that for a
truly special friendship to exist, there must be uncalculating
flow of generosity both ways, not marked by the dollar value of
material and experiential gifts, but a pureness of spirit in
genuinely rooting for a friend to experience his or her highest
good without a self-serving agenda.

I think it's worth thinking about how many such friendships we
have.  I definitely want our sons to experience even one such
friendship during the course of their lives, so it's natural for
me to consider if I have one of my own.

So perhaps worth asking yourself:  how many non-family friends
do you have who have shown you through their behaviour that they
genuinely root for your highest good, even if you can do nothing
to add to their physical comfort?

In my life thus far, while I'm immensely thankful to have spent
time with some beautiful souls, I think it's accurate to say that
I've known more selfish and stingy people than I have those
Ray writes about in his book.  I don't mean to be critical or a
Debbie Downer - I only mean to honestly reflect on what constitutes
a special friendship.

To have room in our lives for such friendships, I feel it's
essential that we recognize and consciously avoid those are looking
mostly to use others rather than be a source of light, laughter,
and empathy.  And so I share an updated post on how sometimes, you
just have to say good-bye:

https://drbenkim.com/sometimes-you-just-have-to-say-good-bye.htm

I'll post this at our Facebook page in case any of you wish to
share thoughts on this topic or even just give a shoutout to
a special friend or two.  :)

https://www.facebook.com/drbenkim/

To the magic of truly special friendships, I raise my goblet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !

 AWMI.com  **  The most powerful message ever preached in past 50 years !  10 Reasons It's Better to Have the Holy Spirit ...

Popular